Is Team Health Patient Billing Service safe? What is THBillPay, and can you trust it? If you’re pondering these questions or looking for a way to pay the medical bills safely, this article is for you. In this article, you will get a brief overview of THBillPay and how to use it. You will also learn if it is safe and worth your time.
THBillPay is believed to be a revolutionary platform, but can you trust it? How can you use it, and what does it take? Let’s find out everything you need to know about THBillPay in this review and guide you on how to use it.
THBillPay – An Overview
THBillPay originates from Knoxville, USA. It claims to have over 9 million patients or visitors each year. The website primarily provides means to pay hospital bills with proper insights and records. Therefore, nothing will miss your eyes, and you could evaluate if the charges are genuine or not. It claims to be a secure platform and ensures you can pay the bill online without going through a hectic offline procedure.
Furthermore, it also has an affiliated program for medical professionals to provide their services at cost-effective rates. Thus, it ensures compassionate expertise along with a secure payment gateway.
1. Extensive Reach
There are almost 10,000 (more or less) professionals working with Team Health’s system. It is available in over 46 states across nearly 20 regional locations.
2. Potential Outsourcing
The company is known for having the most extensive outsourcing of USA professionals for efficient procedures and treatments.
3. Rapid Emergency Response
More importantly, the company is known for making immediate contacts. They go through over 860 hospitals in a single area to ensure proper services, emergency measures, and much more. Outsourcing to hospitals is available, as well.
4. A Global Network
Overall, the platform aims to connect various professionals, healthcare experts, and hospitals into a single network of correlatives working for efficient treatment provisions, especially in emergencies. The service is known for being highly revolutionary and innovative in approach.
Everything You Need To Use THBillPay
First, you need to register and create an account on the platform. To do so, you need to check the receipt or bill that you’ve received. There you will find an account number. Thanks to the medical system’s automation and database updates, the account number is usually the same for every person everywhere they go. More importantly, it might be associated with their Social Security Number for comprehensive information.
If you look at the account number on your report, that is what you need to type in the account number section of the THBillPay while you’re trying to log in or register.
Next, it will ask you for the following details:
- Name: It can be the name of someone who pays on behalf of the patient if the patient is incapable of paying.
- Current Address: This should be in sync with other details, but you can put the current address.
- Email ID: They will send any updates and notifications to keep you in the loop.
- Team health Account Number: As mentioned above, you can find it on the bill or receipt you have received
- Relationship With The Patient: You might have to provide this information if you’re not the patient.
- Total Bill Due Amount: Usually, it is updated automatically. However, you might have to do it manually.
One more thing to note is that even if you don’t have a TeamHealth account if you are a user of another affiliated website, PerYourHealth, you can use that account to pay ThBillPay conveniently.
How To Use THBillPay?
The first thing you need to do is check if the hospital is affiliated with THBillPay. Make sure to ask it first hand before the patient gets admitted. If the patient gets accepted and is not affiliated with THBillPay, you will have to use other means to pay the bill.
Once you check for the affiliation and confirm that they are indeed part of THBillPay, you can move onto the steps that matter. For example, you might have to gather up everything mentioned above to make the payment. After that, follow these steps:
- Visit https://thbillpay.teamhealth.com/, the official website. Make sure to not follow through with any other domain or website. Those could be fakes. It is easy to mistake other websites for authentic ones, as they are clones ready to scam you.
- There are two options available here, credit card and e-check. The E-check method would be preferable as it makes things more accessible, and you will have all the information.
- With the selection of either method, you would have to provide the Team health account number.
- Provide your payment information of e-check or credit card and follow through with the verification to initiate the payment. Of course, you can also use the insurance option. We will talk about it below.
- Check to make sure that the complete information is correct.
Make Sure To Review Your Account
Before you submit and carry forward with the payment, make sure to review the records and information for the last time. It is better to be safe than sorry. Therefore, you can always visit the website and click on the ‘Account Review’ option first. There, you will have to provide the account number.
This will show you if the number you have is indeed associated with the patient you’re going to make the payment for or not. When you provide the account number, you’d have to provide the SSN (social security number) to correlate with the patient. Even if the two matches, always make sure to read the details.
1. Two Bills Dilemma
Sometimes, a patient receives two bills, which could be way excessive in fees. There are two reasons for this. It could be a trick to get you into paying more manually (offline), and you might end up following through. This is a dirty underhanded trick and often a misleading one. However, not all hospitals or professionals do that.
The second bill’s real reason is that the doctor or expert that arrived usually provides their statement separately at times. This bill ensures you understand how much the professional charged and how much the hospital is charging you.
When you use the THBillPayment, you wouldn’t have to process the two bills at all. You simply need to process the one, the hospital, or the total bill, including the expert’s fees. That’s all. So, don’t panic if you get two statements that seem over the top to you.
Available Payment Options For THBillPay
There are primarily four methods of payment available for you:
- You can choose to use TeamHealth’s perks and account to see if you can pay through that.
- Credit card payment is available conveniently on the platform.
- You can also file for an Insurance claim immediately, online for the payment.
- E-check is also available as another resort for you to transfer funds from bank accounts.
Most of the time, people either prefer Echeck or credit card, but if you have an insurance claim, that could work, as well. TH Account usually doesn’t have much.
1. Using The Medical Claim Option
If you have medical insurance and have filed for the claim, you can pay by providing the insurance claim number. Yes, it is that easy, and you won’t have to pay anything by using the other three methods at all. Of course, the claim must be legal, approved, and supported to ensure you won’t end up scamming the hospital.
Follow these steps:-
- Once again, visit the official website and stay on their homepage.
- There you can see the fourth option of ‘Insurance – provide information’ on the right end of the list of options.
- Click on it, and then you would have to provide your TeamHealth account number once again. Next, you would have to follow the various categories and information that you would have to provide.
- The entire system is to simplify the payment process and even assists you in making the claims faster.
- As you follow through, make sure to genuinely fill in the information and then review it once before submitting it.
- That’s all! Now your claim will follow through.
Of course, if the claim gets denied, you can check for it manually like always. Usually, if your medical request is under the insurance’s conditions, there wouldn’t be any problem at all.
2. Safety Of TeamHealth
Yes, the platform seems entirely secure. However, it might be less responsive and usually scores average. If you have better alternatives, you should use them instead of relying on THBillPay. Overall, it is a decent service provider.
There’s no need to worry about user data leakage or any other problems. The company seems to be working fine on various additions to security and protocols to ensure optimum safety.
The Honest Review
The portal has been under consistent fire. It generally has mixed reviews, and it is hard to pinpoint who is in the wrong here. Many customers are satisfied because of the hassle-free services and ease of payment. However, at the same time, the payments aren’t as fast as one might think. It takes time, and websites may turn unresponsive or slow down to provide payments. Thus, it usually ends up in delays.
In short, if you have an insurance claim or TH Account perks, you might want to use the portal. If you’re going to pay by using an account transfer, credit card, or something similar, the manual option would be better. That’s the best way to balance things out here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1Q. Is Medical Insurance Important For TeamHealth?
Ans: No. Medical insurance is not necessary for you to use TeamHealth. However, if you live in the USA, you might want to have Medical Insurance. Medical facilities and bills can be over the top in the country to potentially put you in debt. Therefore, medical insurance will always keep you safe and cover most of your losses conveniently to keep things more feasible.
2Q. Should You Contact TeamHealth In Medical Emergency?
Ans: No. TeamHealth is an affiliated program that connects people and professionals. In case of an emergency, kindly contact 911. They will dispatch the first responders and assist in the emergency. It is strictly for emergencies and not just for any assistance. If you have a causal problem, medical checkups, and such, kindly visit the hospital or your physician, don’t use 911 if there isn’t an emergency.
3Q. Does TeamHealth Have A Hospital Or Team Of Professionals?
Ans: In a way, yes. TeamHealth actively reaches out to various hospitals and medical professionals to establish connections. These people work in affiliation with Team Health. Thus, you get better exposure to various experts and a more significant number of hospitals for your treatments and emergencies. If you use the facilities affiliated with TH, you can get some benefits or discounts, even better professionals than the standard services.
4Q. Is It Worth Using TeamHealth?
Ans: Yes. Team health itself can be entirely worth using as it is known for providing various emergency services regarding the medicine industry. It can be anything from simple accidental assistance to complete the surgery. Team Health is worth keeping track of for the sake of saving lives in emergencies.
So, in short, you need to treat TeamHealth as one of the emergency assets. Meanwhile, THBillPay might not be the best option available, but it is undergoing constant improvements. While it is not the fastest, it is undoubtedly secure and worth using if you have insurance and whatnot. For other forms of payment, you can use different methods.
We hope that now you have learned how to use THbillpay and everything you need to do so. It is a 100% legal and highly secure platform, as well. Many people have put it in the wrong light as a scam, but it is just a delayed service provider. So you can go ahead and use it if you find it worth your time.